If you’ve seen the news lately, you will be well aware of the dreadful mouse plague in NSW that is decimating crops, destroying livelihoods and spreading infections diseases.
In Victoria, we have all been wearing masks and sanitising in fear of catching COVID-19, however a much deadlier disease is spreading rapidly throughout the country: Leptospirosis.
“Leptospirosis is a disease spread from animals to humans, caused by infection with the bacteria Leptospira. The most common sources of infection are contact with infected animal urine and/or contaminated soil or water. Outbreaks may occur following periods of heavy rain or flooding.” – Better health channel.
Leptospirosis is so deadly, that a NSW pub owner nearly lost his life.
If you can hear rats or mice in your walls or ceiling, or you have spotted them in your workplace you have a rodent problem. Getting professional treatment as soon as you notice signs of rodents, is so important because delaying treatment means rodents will continue to breed and spread disease.
Pest control issues don’t only cause an increase in infectious diseases, they also devalue your asset.
What does this mean for you? If you don’t take immediate control:
- As a homeowner. You are risking your family’s health and chance of catching an infectious disease.
- As landlord. You are devaluing your asset, and also risking the health of your tenants. If your tenants catch Leptospirosis due to untreated rodent problems, you are also risking litigation and unpaid rent.
- As a business owner. You are risking the personal health and wellbeing of your employees, your food safety license, and reputation. There are very real and legal consequences for allowing a rodent problem to continue untreated.
The Mouse plague in Sydney and the sheer volumes of rodent reproducing, has created a knock on effect in Melbourne. After 13 years in business, we have never had so many frantic calls complaining of rodent problems. Clients who have had rodent problems before also have noticed an escalation in the numbers and severity. There have also been calls to 3AW and articles on the Melbourne mouse plague here, and here.
Remember these are tangible signs you have rodents:
- You hear scratching in the walls, ceiling or subfloor
- You find mice droppings in your pantry, dog food cupboard, garage or laundry
- Your pet is fixated on the walls and trying to scratch at them
- You notice a foul smelling ammonia smell in your roof cavity, cupboards
- You find food packages or pet food bags that have been eaten through
Ratsak and other poisons that you can buy from Bunnings or Coles, are much less effective than Commercial poison and much more toxic. Ratsak will automatically kill a child or animal, wheras our treatments are specifically designed to harm rodents and keep your children and pets safe.
Rodent catchers also has the professional knowledge to know how to place poison safely and effectively.
If you recognise any of the signs you have rodents, please contact us and book a treatment today.