We are a Melbourne based dedicated Rodent Control company, and we are experts in the design and installation of domestic and commercial rodent control systems. We specialise in the detection, prevention, and management of all types of rodent species.
We have developed a vastly different approach to the control of rodents, our method is unique to the industry and is based on our many years of practical field experience. Our system has been specifically developed to be as equally effective in both domestic and commercial situations because we treat rodent control as a science.
Our highly trained technicians carry out thorough inspections and devise treatment strategies that are safe and effective for your home or place of business. Best of all, we fully guarantee our work leaving you with the ultimate peace of mind. We can offer a tiered program to suit your budgetary requirements and we hold the following insurance and accreditations.
- We hold Public Liability Insurance of twenty (20) million and Professional Indemnity Insurance of $500,000 for your peace of mind.
- Rodent Catchers are fully compliant with all necessary statutory and mandatory requirements relating to the Wildlife Act 1975 and all our staff are fully trained in all aspects of Occupation Health & Safety act’s systems and controls.
- We are a Type 1 Commercial Wildlife Controllers and have nationally recognized qualifications in Cert III Asset Maintenance as well as full accreditation in all pest management systems Cert IV General & Termite Management.
- We also hold the following industry accreditations: EWP Operator – Yellow Card License (scissor lift/boom lift), Victorian Construction Induction – White Card, Working at Heights, Working with Children.
- All staff are fully Covid-19 Vaccinated as per Victorian Government’s Mandatory Vaccination requirements. All technicians/staff can provide a digital Covid-19 Certificate upon request.
We can provide all necessary onsite documentation such as SWMS, JAS, MSDS and we are accredited with SAMS, Rapid Global and various property management platforms such as Maintenance Manager, Our Tradie, Managed App and Bricks & Agents etc.
RODENTS IN YOUR HOME & SURROUNDINGS
Rodents (rats & mice) are the most common mammals in the world, both in numbers and in species. Australia has more than 60 species of native rodents. These natives rarely invade homes, but it is the introduced species that cause problems in our urban area. There are also three introduced rodents:
Rattus norvegicus the sewer or brown rat
Rattus rattus the roof or black rat
Mus musculus the house mouse.
These are known as commensal rodents – those that live with or near people and depend on humans for at least part of their food or shelter. They are often attracted to houses for food and shelter as the weather cools in autumn/winter.
A rodents’ prominent incisor teeth grow continuously. ‘Rodent’ is derived from the Latin ‘rodere’ which means ‘to gnaw’. Gnawing is a natural and necessary survival behaviour of the rat and mouse. Rats and mice enjoy gnawing wires – a potential cause of fires in houses.
Rodents contaminate our environment with their urine and droppings and by spreading disease. Rodents are known to be vectors of over fifty disease organisms including the causes of Bubonic plague, leptospirosis, murine typhus and food poisoning.
GAINING & MAINTAING CONTROL
In some situations, supermarket baits can be effective at temporarily keeping a small number of Rodents at bay, but recent studies have found that Rodents are starting to ignore these common household baits as a result of repeated exposure to them.
The only practical and effective way to control Rodent populations, is with the targeted application of High-quality commercial grade baits used in conjunction with an effective environmental control program – and this is what we provide!
Rodent activity is a year-round problem, but some properties experience heighten invasion during winter and autumn as rats and mice seek shelter in the colder weather. Some rodent invasions are triggered when surrounding areas are under development i.e., the demolition of property or the construction of roadworks. These events will have a huge impact on the local rodent population when nesting sites are disturbed.
If you are seeing the signs of a potential influx, contact Rodent Catchers immediately. We can introduce a rodent control program before an infestation takes hold. Being proactive will ensure prevention and protection before minor activity becomes a full-blown infestation.
Below are some tips for you as the home owner can do to assist in mitigating rodent control.
- Pet food is a major attraction for rodents. Ensure that no pet food is ever left outside overnight and store bulk pet food in sealed metal containers.
- The house should regularly be inspected for potential entry points, concentrating on gaps in walls, external weep holes, under doors, gaps in windows and penetrations for plumbing and electrical services.
- Trim all tree branches away from the house and roof line.
- Remove ivy and other climbing vines from walls, and avoid storing timber or any other debris against the exterior of the house.
- Repair leaky taps and remove any other sources of water.
The aim is not to provide harbourage areas for rodents to breed so attending to these items is a good start.
TREATMENT – THE SCIENCE OF RODENT CONTROL
Rodents have survived the ages and have been mankind’s nemesis for centuries. Knowing and understanding rodent behavior is crucial and this is what Rodent Catchers have become most expert in:
- Rodents develop territories and have a social hierarchy. Not all rodents within the group will have equal access to baits. The most dominant and aggressive individuals tend to be the oldest and largest male members of the colony. This is why treatment programmes must be designed to control the colony, rather than a few individuals.
- An adult house mouse produces 50 to 100 droppings and up to 3,000 micro-droplets of urine per day, a rat about 40 to 50 droppings per day or 15,000 droppings and 15 litres of urine per year
- Rats are dangerous, parasitic animals that constantly chew on water pipes and wiring, potentially starting fires and causing floods in our homes.
- Rats and mice are a major vector of disease, credited with spreading the ‘Black death’ (bubonic plague) in the Middle Ages that cost millions of human lives.
Our treatments include the baiting of all affected roof cavity spaces, subfloor areas and internal baiting to all areas of established activity where required. Our rodenticide (bait) is commercial grade bait and our treatment comes with a *6 month warranty which(refer to our warranty page for more details).
*PLEASE NOTE: In domestic situations, supermarket baits can be effective at temporarily keeping a small amount of Rodents at bay however studies have found that Rodents can ignore baits over time as a result of repeated exposure. These generic baits lose their effectiveness soon after being laid, which requires them to be constantly reapplied in order to maintain even the slightest level of protection. The only practical and effective way to control Rodent populations is with the targeted application of quality commercial baits used in conjunction with an effective environmental control program – and this is what we provide! Our products undergo rigorous testing to ensure they can offer safe and effective protection against all species of rodents. All bait stations are fixed in registered locations and are fitted with a distinctive WARNING label that clearly identifies their function and their contents.
PRICING – DOMESTIC RATES
Insert Revised Pricing table
BASIC RODENT CONTROL
LEVEL 1 RODENT CONTROL SYSTEM
LEVEL 2 RODENT SYSTEM
1-2 BEDROOM APARTMENT/BEDSITTER
$220 PLUS GST
$320 +GST SUBSEQUENT/ONGOING VISITS AFTER INITIAL SET UP $190 + GST PER VISIT
$440 + GST SUBSEQUENT/ONGOING VISITS AFTER INITIAL SET UP $190 + GST PER VISIT
2-3 BEDROOM UNIT OR SMALL SINGLE-STORY HOUSE
$260 PLUS GST
$350 + GST SUBSEQUENT/ONGOING VIISTS AFTER INITIAL SET UP $220 + GST PER VISIT
$470 + GST SUBSEQUENT/ONGOING VISITS AFTER INITIAL SET UP $220 + GST PER VISIT
AVERAGE 3-4 BEDROOM HOUSE
$280 + GST
$380 + GST SUBSEQUENT/ONGOING VISITS AFTER INITIAL SET UP $240 + GST PER VISIT
$490 + GST SUBSEQUENT/ONGOING VISITS AFTER INITIAL SET UP $240 + GST PER VISIT
LARGER THAN AVERAGE 3- 4 BEDROOM HOUSE
$360 + GST
$480 +GST SUBSEQUENT/ONGOING VISITS AFTER INITIAL SET UP $260 + GST PER VISIT
$590 + GST SUBSEQUENT/ONGOING VISITS AFTER INITIAL SET UP $260 + GST PER VISIT
LARGE ESTATE SIZE PROPERTIES
FROM $460 + GST
FROM $590 + GST SUBSEQUENT/ONGOING VISITS AFTER INITIAL SET UP $290 + GST PER VISIT
$690.00 +GST SUBSEQUENT/ONGOING VIIST AFTER INITIAL SET UP $290 + GST PER VISIT
TAMPER PROOF MOUSE BAIT STATIONS
$15.00 + GST EACH
TAMPER PROOF RAT BAIT STATIONS
$25.00 + GST EACH
$10.00 + GST EACH
CALL OUT FEE - CARCASS RETRIEVAL ONLY (WITHIN BUSINESS HOURS MON- FRI)
$250 + GST *
CALL OUT FEE - CARCASS RETRIEVAL ONLY (OUT OF HOURS, WEEKENDS OR PUBLIC HOLIDAYS)
$350 + GST*
Our Rodent Treatment service includes baiting of all affected areas ie roof cavity and/or subfloor with commercial grade rodenticide and includes a 6-month warranty period (see below warranty conditions)
PLEASE NOTE: The price list table above is based on ‘SIGHT UNSEEN’ and reflects the cost to treat an Average Home, however there may be factors that are unknown to us that might affect how much it will cost to control rodents in your home. Treatment cost largely depends on the size of your property and intensity of infestation. We reserve the right to adjust prices accordingly.
These services carry a 6-month warranty which comes with 2 additional visits within the 6-month warranty period. These visits can include carcass retrieval if required. Visits are strictly Monday – Friday within business hours.
After our first initial treatment and/or rodent set up a 28-day control period must be observed. We will leave an information sheet explaining this process, please refer to this.
If after the 28-day control period, rodent activity returns and noises have been consistent for a minimum 7-day period, we will return to re-inspect the property at no extra charge and top up bait where required. (Please note visit limitations within warranty period)
In the event a rodent dies within the roof space during any time in our warranty period, we will return to locate, retrieve & dispose as part of our warranty service. (Please note visit limitations within warranty period)
If a more invasive recovery is required i.e., within a wall cavity, Rodent Catchers will not risk damage to any part of the property to recover a dead rodent unless the owner of the property has given their express consent and is willing to cover the cost to restore/repair afterwards.
Our 6-month warranty period commences from the day of our first visit. There will be no extension on this time.
Rodent Catchers does not take responsibility for damaged caused by rodents internally or externally during or after the rodent treatment process.
SERVICE – THE SCIENCE OF RODENT CONTROL
RAT infestations are currently the NUMBER 1 pest problem facing all Victorian businesses and rats (and mice) spoil and destroy millions of dollars’ worth of stock within Victorian businesses every month. They inflict massive amounts of damage to infrastructure and cause chaotic disruption to production schedules,
No matter what industry we have a rodent control solution for you. Rodent Catchers are the only dedicated rat control company in Melbourne because we treat rodent control as a science.
No structure in Melbourne is safe from rats and the exposure of your customers and staff to unhealthy and potentially dangerous pest situations can seriously compromise the health of your business – and ultimately impact your bottom line. Nothing disrupts a business quite like an un-controlled rat infestation.
Stringent health and safety regulations apply to the management and control of rodents in business and commercial situations. Maintaining that control relies on regular monitoring, targeted strategies, and effective communication between all stakeholders across the process.
Rodent infestations cause the following problems:
- Production interruptions and costly delays
- The spread of illness and disease
- Contamination and loss of stock
- Breach of health regulations
- Destruction of materials and inventory
- Damage to amenities
- Decreased productivity
- Negative customer experience
TREATMENT – OUR UNIQUE SCEINTIFIC APPROACH
Traditional rodent control methods involve the installation of plastic rodent bait stations around a structure’s exterior and interior in the hope that rats will eventually enter these boxes and ingest the poison baits that are stored inside. This traditional set and forget method of controlling rodents is considered the industry norm.
Rodent Catchers have developed a vastly different approach to other Australian pest control companies. Our method is unique to the industry and is based upon our many years of practical field experience gained in the control and management of Australian wildlife species. This makes us the No.1 choice in the management and control of Rats because we treat rodent control as a science!
- We create a dynamic barrier around the exterior of the structure that forms a rodent deterrent zone.
- This active zone is achieved by applying a combination of chemicals at ground level that have been developed to modify the behaviour of the rats.
- The first chemical is a highly effective repellent that deters the rats from entering the premises by triggering the animals flight/fear response.
- This chemical is applied around doors, external penetrations and other points of ingress that rodents use to access the building.
- The second chemical is an attractant that is applied to our specially designed rodent bait stations. This product will not attract new activity but it will lure the current population towards our stations making the baits inside them an irresistible alternative.
- The chemicals used in these special formulations are all natural and completely non-toxic to humans.
- They have been specifically designed to modify rodent behaviour and maximize the effectiveness of our rodent treatment programs.
- These products are reapplied during each scheduled service visit to maintain the integrity of the rodent barrier.
Our system was specifically developed to work best in both commercial and residential situations where rats have multiple entry points and exclusion is not a viable option, and best of all we can offer this completely unique system at no extra cost than the current service plan you are already on, and in some cases even beat it!
We have many years of experience in rodent control and our unique system is unapparelled in its efficacy. So, no matter what situation you are in, we have an effective rodent control solution for you.
TYPICAL SCENARIOS INCLUDE:
- Multi Residential accommodation structures i.e. Hostels and Hotels
- Apartment and Unit complexes
- Food storage and distribution centres
- Industrial process and Manufacturing centres
- Schools, Kindergartens & Day Care Centres
- Cafes, Clubs and Restaurants
- Commercial Office Blocks and Warehouses
RODENT CATCHERS have a proven, unbeaten, track record in Commercial Rodent control. We provide a no-questions asked, results – based service, and we get the job done! Our customers enjoy peace of mind guaranteed by our dependable year-round protection plans.
If you require an immediate response to a current pest problem or perhaps, you’re simply re-evaluating your existing program, we can offer a range of targeted treatments to ensure a guaranteed solution to your pest problems.
Rodent catchers use Health Department approved proprietary products that are designed to suit any specialty application such as:
- Public spaces
- Childcare centres
- Aged Care facilities
- Health care Centres
- Areas where Children or Pets may be present
Our products undergo rigorous testing to ensure they can offer safe and effective protection against all species of rodents. All bait stations are fixed in registered locations and are fitted with a distinctive WARNING label that clearly identifies their function and their contents.
Rodent Catchers are fully licensed in all facets of pest control, and we can offer multi layered service plans to suit your individual situation and budgetary requirements. Our custom rodent programs are very cost effective, and in most cases, we can price match or beat any existing service arrangement you currently have in place.
Unlike our competitors, Rodent Catchers install Commercial quality, tamper proof rodent baiting stations, and stations will remain at your premises and become your property even if our service contract ends with you.
‘A One size fits all’ approach does not apply in Rodent control’
Below is an outline of the differing levels of service we provide, and we can tailor these services to suit your budgetary and/or compliance needs.
Level 1- Rodent Control System Service Plan
- Rodent Control Treatment and Rodent Bait Station installation and setup.
- Preloaded Bait stations supplied and installed free of charge.
- Free carcass retrieval if and/or when required.
- Monthly or Quarterly monitoring available.
- Personalised onsite Service Folder with mud map and relevant site visit information.
- Unlimited warranties apply to all ongoing monthly/quarterly service plans.
- Priority access to other our full range of Wildlife & Pest Control Services.
Level 2 – Rodent Control System and General Pest Service Plan.
- Rodent Control Treatment and Rodent Station installation & setup.
- General pest protection treatment (Ants, Spiders, Cockroaches).
- Application of rodent repellent management zone.
- Preloaded Bait boxes supplied and installed free of charge.
- Free carcass retrieval if and/or when required.
- Monthly or Quarterly monitoring available.
- Unlimited warranty applies to ongoing monthly/quarterly service plan.
- If required hot spot top up pest spray during each monthly/quarterly visit.
- On site personalised Service Folder with mud map and relevant site visit information.
- Priority access to other our full range of Wildlife & Pest Control Services.
The service cost for each individual property/structure largely depends on the size of the premises, the extent of the affected areas as well as the intensity of the infestation.
We provide a Free – No obligation assessment that includes a comprehensive inspection of your entire facility, factoring in its unique environmental conditions so that we can develop a customised rodent protection plan that suits your individual requirements.
A fully costed and treatment proposal is then be presented for your consideration. Our team can offer a range of flexible monitoring programs and targeted control options backed up by our customised best practice reporting systems that keep you informed and compliant every step of the way.
Safety Is Our Number 1 Priority!
- We hold public liability insurance of $20 million and professional indemnity insurance of $500,000 for your piece of mind. An insurance certificate is available on request.
- Rodent Catchers are fully compliant with all the necessary statutory and mandatory requirements relating to the Wildlife Act 1975 and all our staff are fully trained in all aspects of the Occupational health and safety act’s systems and controls.
- We are licenced Type 1 Commercial Wildlife Controllers and have nationally recognised qualifications in Cert III Asset Maintenance as well as full accreditation in all pest management systems Cert IV General pest & Termite Management.
- We also hold the following Industry Accreditations: EWP Operator licence – (Yellow Card scissor and boom lift), Victorian Construction Induction – White Card, Working at Heights licenced, current accreditation Working with Children.
Call Rodent Catchers on 8840 9572 to discuss how we can ensure you meet your Rodent Control Health & Safety obligations.